|Parents, Family and Friends of DHHS,
I am coming to the end of an incredible eight year journey: in May, my youngest will graduate from Druid Hills. Some of you are coming to the end of the journey with me, but most are still making your way. I encourage you to enjoy it – to be "present" in it. This time will go by fast, and it will never come again.
I went to my first auction 7 years ago, when my oldest was a sophomore. I only went because a friend asked me to help. But I can honestly say that it’s been one of the highlights of my DHHS journey.
Not only have I gotten to know some great people and shared some great experiences, but I also know that I have made a direct impact and supported the incredible teachers and therefore my own children and many other children at DHHS.
Oh, and did I mention? It’s a lot of fun!
Over the last few years, the auction has raised an average of $24,000 dollars per year, funding Druid Hills academics, arts and athletics.
Here are just a few of the items purchased to enhance our students learning and playing:
- Football Concussion Helmets
- Many Novels such as To Kill A Mockingbird, Romeo & Juliet, Of Mice & Men, Siddhartha
- Sheet Music
- Soccer Storage Shelves
- Spanish/English Dictionaries
- Camera for Yearbook Class
- Debate Club Tournament Fees
- XC Banner-shout out to Coach Brown-both of mine ran!
- Scientific Calculators
- Paint for all the Sports Fields
- New Gymnastics Team Supplies
- Electronic Balances for Science classes
- Dryer for Life Skills Class
- Music Cabinet
- Interactive Document Camera for Art/Photography
- DHMS Volleyballs
- Flip Cameras for EOC Projects
- Artwork Frames & Other Presentation Supplies
- Various Art Supplies
- Math Review Books
- Various Science Lab Supplies-Multiple Classes
Please consider coming to the auction. Not only will you have a great time and possibly win a great prize for yourself, but you will directly help in supporting our children. And if you can’t come, please consider donating.
Thank you, and have a great rest of the year!
Class of 2014, 2018
Honoring our Past and Projecting a Strong Future!
The DHHS PTSA/DHAA Auction Turns 10!