July Updates PDF
Parents, Guardians, and Students:
We hope everyone is in the middle of a relaxing and enriching summer! The start of school is less than one month away! Here are some updates as we head towards August.
July Main Office Hours:
- Through July 20: Mondays-Thursdays 9am-2pm
- Beginning July 24: Monday-Fridays 8:00-3:30
- SummerBridge for Rising 9th Graders: July 24-28, 8am-10pm. The program is open to any new 9th grade student and provides a thorough orientation to all things Druid Hills. Breakfast, lunch, and transportation (attendance-area students only) will be provided. To register, please clink on the link on the front page of the Druid Hills website.
- Red Devil Day: Thursday, August 3
- New Student Orientation: 3-4:30. The program will start in the Uhry Theatre. New students and parents/guardians are welcome
- Activities Fair for all students/parents/guardians: 4:30-6pm. Gym
- First Day of School: Monday, August 7. School hours are 8:10-3:10 with Breakfast starting at 7:30.
Schedules update: Mr. Joyner (Assistant Principal of Instruction) and our Counselors are all working to put final touches on student schedules. We will send an update next week to alert when schedules are ready for pick-up and the procedures for requesting schedule changes. Please note that Mr. Joyner and Counselors are on summer vacation until July 31, so they will not be as responsive to emails as they normally are.
AP Summer Assignments: If a teacher has assigned a summer assignment, it will be noted on the front page of the Druid Hills website. AP Human Geography does not have a summer assignment.
Continuing students and 9th grade students from Druid Hills Middle: If your contact information (address, phone numbers, email) has changed over the summer, please update the information in the Counseling Office (Main Office before July 24). If you are changing your address, please provide proof of residence. Additionally, all affidavits from the 2016-2017 school year must be renewed by the end of August (you may begin turning in your affidavit to the Counseling Office beginning July 27).
Please feel free to contact me, Brittany Cunningham, via email with any questions. Enjoy the balance of your summer